About Aziza Nawal’s Classes
Learn the fundamentals of the art of belly dance from multi-award winning instructor Aziza Nawal. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced dancer, you can learn technique, choreography, props and more – all while getting a nice workout and toning your body.
Aziza Nawal brings you knowledge from her extensive study with such Egyptian dance legends as Raqia Hassan, Dina, Fifi Abdou and more. Aziza Nawal’s teaching style is clear, encouraging and fun. Her background in dance study also includes 70’s style American Cabaret with Turkish and Greek influences, as well as regional dances from Upper Egypt, Persian Gulf and North Africa.
From Aziza Nawal: My mission is to share my love of this beautiful art form that is rich in culture. I believe it is a powerful tool that builds self esteem through increasing body awareness and provides an opportunity to form strong bonds with others who discover a passion for the dance. Share the journey with me!
Aziza Nawal is proud to call Atlanta Fusion Belly Dance Studios her teaching home. She offeres weekly group classes as well as quarterly workshops at this location in north west Atlanta convenient to Buckhead, Midtown and Smyrna/Vinings.
Atlanta Fusion Belly Dance Studio
1015-B Collier Road
Atlanta, GA 30318
Near the intersection of Collier Road and Howell Mill Road just north of our former Atlantic Station location. Convenient to I-75 in northwest Atlanta
Drop-in Beginner Belly Dance
This is a Level One class perfect for the beginner, novice beginner and those intermediate to advanced level dancers seeking structured core training. As they say in ballet – “back to the bar” – this class moves you through a body awareness warm-up, isolation exercises, various shimmies and traveling moves that are all essential to Middle Eastern Dance.
Tuesdays @ 7:40pm – Starts Janury 3th 2017!!
Cost: $10 per class or use your AFBD all access pass
Intermediate/Advanced Level Class
5 week choreography session begins February 23, 2017
Join Aziza Nawal for a brand new choreography with finger cymbals! Previous experience playing finger cymbals recommended even if it was just taking a single technique class.
Performance Opportunity!! Interested dancers will be invited to perform at our Atlanta’s Got Talent Show in the Spring!
Thursdays @ 7:00pm
Hardcore Belly Dance
5 week session begins February 23, 2017
Back by popular demand! Technique and combinations for all styles of belly dance will be taught in this fun high energy class- it’s also a great workout! Drop-ins are welcome!
Thursdays @ 8:05pm
- IMPORTANT: Please arrive 10 minutes before class starts so that you can sign-in, change clothes if necessary and begin class on-time. However, if you happen to arrive after the start time of the class, the front door may be locked for security reasons – Miss Bellydance shares a space with us and their merchandise would be unattended. Please call or text Aziza Nawal at 404-247-9861 so she can let you in.
- Miss Bellydance merchandise is only available for purchase during their normal business hours.
- Turn your cell phone off.
- Please inform Aziza Nawal if you have any injuries, illnesses or are pregnant.
- Recommended clothing: yoga pants and tank top. Sometimes long sleeves are needed in the chillier months.
- Please bring water to stay hydrated.
- Keep practicing!!! The more you practice, the better you will grasp the movement concepts and train your muscles.
- Have fun and ask questions!